Summer Sunshine Ruffle Doll Dress
Description: Summer Sunshine Ruffle Doll Dress
Make this fun ruffled dress for your doll* and receive the pattern to make a matching dress for your favorite little girl! There are so many sewing techniques to learn in the one project. You will learn how to make the piping trim and spaghetti bias straps. Also, learn a quick way to gather using a gathering foot on your sewing machine or serger. Learn a rolled hem on a serger, and/or a rolled hem on the sewing machine using a hemmer foot. If you want to do an embroidery on the bodice, please do so ahead of class. *You must sign up for the class in order to receive the patterns.
If you have any questions, please contact Alice. You may also attend an open sew before class if you need help cutting out the pattern or doing an embroidery.
You will receive a handout for the cutting instructions before class. You will receive the full instructions for the doll dress, as well as the matching child dress at the class.
- 1/3 yd Fabric #1 (42-44” wide), for skirt and bodices
- ¼ yd Fabric #2 (42-44” wide), for bodice insert and ruffles
- 1/8 yd. white fabric for yoke linings
- 1-1/4 yds piping
- 1/3 yd. coordinating fabric to make the piping and spaghetti bias
- Piping ruler
- Fabric glue pen
- Piping foot, or adjustable zipper foot
- Optional: gathering foot, hemmer foot
- Marking pens/pencils (suggest chalk, or water/air erasable pens)
- Sewing supplies (thread, rulers, scissors, rotary cutter
- Turning tool: one of the new options to try
- Sewing machine. Serger, optional